Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Helmar & Best Creations Week!!

Helmar_BC

A happy day to you all!  If you weren't aware already, this is Best Creations week with Helmar. Best Creations has some super adorable paper lines out! My favorite part about their papers is the glitter and shimmer. That little extra sparkle is so much fun to play with, but then again I'm a girl that is easily distracted by bright shiny objects! I thought that their Robot paper would make for some fun gift wrapping for the upcoming Father's Day. I wouldn't call it masculine, but I like to think there is a little boy in all our men who still love robots and rocket ships!


Using Best Creations Robot papers, Helmar Zap Dots and 450 Quick Dry, I whipped up this fun gift set trio. For the gift bag, I simply took a plain dollar store gift bag and added a strip of patterned paper and they layered it with a cut out journaling block and a fussy cut rocket, both of which I adhered with Zap Dots.


The card measures 5.5" x 5.5", with the inner block of blue at 5" x 5". I did some fussy cutting here to trim out the gears that I then turned into something like award ribbons. The center of the gears are custom epoxy shapes using the same Robot paper and an Epiphany Crafts Studio Tool. For the card I again used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry and a large Zap Dot on the center ribbon.


Lastly I used my Cricut and the Tags, Bags, & Boxes cartridge to cut out this cute little popcorn bag that I glued together with Helmar 450 Quick Dry. There's nothing worse in crafting than to have to sit there for ten minutes holding your project together while it dries. With the 450 Quick Dry, I only have to hold the folds of my bag together for less than a minute and then I can move on. To decorate the bag, again I did more fussy cutting and used a popsicle stick to make a decorative pick. I used mini Helmar Zap Dots for the heart (which I doubled up on as you can see below) and gear, as well as the planet and rocket.
450 Quick Dry

These are the little touches I love to do to make gift giving special! It could be the simplest gift in the world, but by adding a little creativity, love, and some fabulous glues, you can give something ordinary and make it extraordinary! Happy Father's Day to all your Dad's out there!

13 comments:

  1. super, super cute!!! what a fab set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! What a wonderful Father's Day project! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creations! love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the creativity and colors used on your layout pages and with the trio gift collection. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your father's day card! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Love the popcorn bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the popcorn bag idea! I'm thinking this would be great for birthday parties, one of which I'm planning now! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I need to get me some quick dry. time is precious when I am crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the popcorn bag and I <3 Helmar glue!!

    http://molly1989-mollysplace.blogspot.com/2012/04/5050-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete