Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

Well hello again blogger land! Have you heard that Core'dinations Cardstock is having a design team call?  I'm sure you've picked it up on the grapevine though as I've spied many great blogs with submission posts.  I'm taking my chances and hoping and wishing with my eye's pinched shut that I'll make this team!  Core'dinations cardstock is just so amazing and I certainly have been a very busy crafty bee and the title of this post explains it all!  Seriously, you should see my scrap space right now, there's obviously been some frenzied activity in there and I have my black pants covered in sanded paper dust to prove it too!  I love working with my stash of Core'dinations cardstock, it's so versatile and sturdy and so much fun to emboss and die cut.  I think my favorite would have to be the whitewash cardstock, or maybe it's just because it's Spring now and it feels so fresh to me.  Either way, I'm so happy to share with you all my submission work for the Core'dinations design team call.

For this first layout, please forgive me for all the close up pics.  I loved how this one turned out and I just couldn't pick which close ups I liked best.  I used whitewash and chocolate box cardstocks on this project and used my cuttlebug to emboss with the small polka dot pattern and then of course did some sanding.  The patterned paper, rub-ons, and stickers I used here are from the Basic Grey Nook and Pantry line.


Here I added a small heart punched for my Core'dinations cardstock to tie in with my heart stickers. The photo is matted in plain white cardstock and then placed on an angle on top of mat made from Core'dinations, and sanded around the edges.

On this photo I gave it a double mat, the bottom one being out of Core'dinations.  I then took my scoring board and scored a line around the mat to form a border.

I took this patterned paper, fussy cut it,  and then cut matching ovals of the same size from Core'dinations cardstock, then embossed, sanded, and added a touch of shimmery baby pink paint from Making Memories.

I added a frame cut from Core'diantions cardstock with my Cricut to bring attention to this cute little side title.  I also folded a strip of Core'dianations cardstock to make my mock ribbon accent.  First I crumpled it up in my hands to make it a bit more flexible.  Then glued it down with some Helmar 450 quick dry and secured it with the brads and added a paper rose also made from Core'dinations and embossed before rolling.

This layout is created with the American Crafts "Spring" collection and of course Core'dinations whitewash cardstock.  The base of my layout is the backside solid color of a piece of Core'dinations whitewash cardstock.

 I cut my Core'dinations cardstock into strips, gave them a really rough sanding on one edge, used my scoreboard to score lines in random spots and then layered the strips to resemble house siding.  I also cut small scraps, sanded and embossed them and then used Helmar Scrap Dots to give them dimension on an angle to mimic the bricks in my photo.  The lattice border is also made with Core'dinations and the little epoxy hearts were made using Epiphany Crafts shape studio tool.

This little card was a lot of fun to create!  I used my Cricut to cut out the card and bunny shapes using none other than Core'dinations cardstock :) I used two different types of embossing folders and sanded to reveal the core color.  I just love a blue and brown color combo!


This last layout is one I did recently, but not specifically for this design team call.  I had used Core'dinations cardstock for it though so I just wanted to share since I hadn't had a chance to post it on my blog quite yet. I used Core'dinations for my base paper, American Crafts "Spring" collection for the patterned paper, Cuttlebug embossing folders, the Cricut, and Epiphany Crafts studio tools to create the epoxy hearts and acrylic buttons.



Since I don't own a tool that would allow me to emboss a whole 12x12 sheet of paper, I simply took my cuttlebug embossing folder, opened it up and placed it underneath my paper and then just took my bone folder and started rubbing.  I then took my sander and revealed the core color.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to check out my design team submission!  I had a great time creating these projects and I hope my designs delighted everyone enough to earn me a spot on the fabulous Core'dinations Cardstock Design Team!  I love feedback, so please let me know what you think.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. awesome work~hope you make the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madly in love with the second layout and that wonderful "shingles" look! COOL! And you have opened up a whole new world to me with your idea for using the embossing folders!!! Gonna try that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do lovely work with the Core!
    I love your bunny card... great texture throughout.

    Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete