Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just For Mom

It’s that time of year again when we show mothers how much they are appreciated and loved. That being said, I took the opportunity to make my mother’s gift this year using the wonderful papers made by Kiki-Art. Specifically I used the papers from the Magica line because I love the rich and varigated colors. You can find them at http://kiki-art.com/products.php?idcol=20&type=collection


What I did was use these papers to make the popular and very simple spiraled paper flowers that we’ve all probably seen. There are several tutorials out there on how to make these paper flowers and I found one similar to the technique I used here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCSasUd7GY


This truly was a labor of love for my mother! I spent several evenings in front of the TV making these simple, yet pretty little flowers. When I had made enough I simply covered a styrofoam ball and adhered them with glue dots. Then I filled the little pail with another styrofoam ball and glued moss on top. I attached the two together with a painted dowling rod, and voila I had made a beautiful paper topiary that will far outlast any fresh flower display.



Happy Mother's Day!!  Do something special for the mom's in your life.  I love you mom!!

5 comments:

  1. that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! wow, carole....your mom is going to love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is drop dead gorgeous.. what a wonderful project. So much love going into this! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I love it! Thanks for the posting of the instructions. I'll head over there and learn this one asap. Wow. What a lucky Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Absolutamente hermoso! tu mamá va a estar encantada! está bellísimo Carole. Te conocí por medio del blog hop de Kiki. Desde Córdoba, Argentina, muchos cariños. Mary.

    ReplyDelete